This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
Crock Pot Beef Tacos are simple to prepare and easily makes a flavorful family meal in minutes. Using a homemade taco seasoning instead of a packaged mix, these ground beef tacos are a stress-free & convenient meal plan for any busy family.
Here’s another fabulous Crock Pot recipe to add to your meal plan. Crock Pot Beef Tacos are super simple to make and set you up for an easy yet flavorful family meal in minutes. I especially like to get these going on days I have to work outside the home (12 hours plus travel time) but they are also great for days you’re home but don’t have the time or inclination to stand over the stove and cook dinner.
I know that’s a biggie for me right there. But this recipe is so easy and so worthwhile.
1.) Layer the meat into the bottom of the crock pot.
It’s also economical. Make Taco Tuesday (or Wednesday, Thursday, Friday — you get my drift) a part of your weekly meal plan and you’ll have a quick and inexpensive meal you can make at home without spending your hard-earned money out at the local Cantina or Taco shop. A dinner out for Tacos could easily cost $40 (or more) for a family of four. If your kids are like mine, they beg for tacos each week so why not be the hero and make their favorite meal at home in your Crock Pot – and keep that extra money in your pocket!
2). Add in the Homemade Taco Seasoning.
Making these Crock Pot Beef Tacos is stress-free and convenient. It cooks while you are away at work or busy with other tasks. It simmers in its own sauce, so when it comes time for dinner, it’s ready when you. Then with just a few minor preparations, you have a quick and flavorful meal on the table with very little vested time, money or effort! This is a bonus for me these days. This recipe starts with my Homemade Taco Seasoning made from seasonings and spices you already have in your pantry. However, if preparing Homemade seasoning blends isn’t your thing, I’ve made notes for the packaged substitutions in the recipe.
3). Give it a good mix and set it on low for 2-4 hours.
Try these Crock Pot Beef Tacos combined with Baked Beef Tacos for even more convenience. Once we started making our own Homemade Taco Seasoning, a whole new world opened up to us. I really urge you to try it. The recipe is just like the leading national brand but costs just pennies to prepare.
4. About mid-way through the cooking time, stir the meat to break it up. Recover and continue to simmer.
5). Load ’em up and enjoy!
LOOKING FOR MORE MEXICAN RECIPES?
- Crock Pot Mexican Shredded Beef
- Crock Pot Beef Tacos
- Baked Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Crock Pot Shredded Mexican Chicken
- Beef Fajitas
Want To Try This Crock Pot Beef Taco Recipe?
Pin it to your FOOD AND BEVERAGE OR RECIPE board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
Crock Pot Beef Tacos are simple to prepare and easily makes a flavorful family meal in minutes. Crock Pot Beef Tacos are a stress-free and convenient meal plan for any bus family.
- 2-pounds lean ground beef
- 1 recipe of Homemade Taco Seasoning (See Recipe Notes for packaged mixes)
- 1/2 cup water, optional
- Layer the ground beef into the bottom of the crock pot.
- Sprinkle 2 rounded tablespoons (1 full recipe) of Homemade Taco Seasoning. To use Packaged seasonings, see recipe notes.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook 2 -4 hours on low stirring once in the middle of the cook time to break up the meat.
- Cook times vary depending on the size and crock pot manufacturer. Consult the owner’s manual.
- If you prefer to use a pre-packaged Taco Seasoning mix instead of making your own, use 1 whole packet per each pound of ground meat.
- This recipe is easily halved or doubled.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Crock pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Crock Pot Beef Tacos, Budget friendly recipe, budget meals, Cheese, Cinco de Mayo, easy, slow cooker, entree, homemade, MSG free, Mexican,Tex- Mex,
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on