As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
One-Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta can be made entirely from scratch or from leftovers. You can easily swap out some ingredients for store-bought ones your family prefers. This one-pot wonder is ready in just 30-minutes.
Back-to-School has hit our neck of the woods and it’s been welcomed by both parents and students alike. With back-to-school, however, comes a different set of weeknight problems; homework, after-school activities, sports, and the list goes on and on, making getting a meal on the table even more of a challenge.
This tasty dish stars many ingredients kids love; namely pasta, bacon, and cheese – and it practically cooks itself. So while this dish toils away on the stove, I can help my daughter with her homework.
Are you ready to dig in? I am!
Mmmm, one big steamy bite – let’s dig in!
One-Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta can be made entirely from scratch or easily from leftovers. You can easily swap out ingredients for store-bought or ones your family prefers. With a little prep work, this one-pot wonder is ready in just 30-minutes.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced fine
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp powdered ranch dressing [See Note 1]
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 2 cups Colby Jack shredded cheese blend [See Note 2]
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sliced green onion, for garnish (optional)
- In a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat, brown 4 pieces of bacon and set aside on bacon paper towels to drain then crumble. Drain fat from pan reserving 1 tablespoon inside the pan. [See Note 3]
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and powdered ranch dressing mix. Whisk to combine.
- Add the cream cheese and melt into the chicken stock, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pasta and shredded cheese, stir to combine. Cover and cook 16-19 minutes, depending on your desired tenderness of the pasta.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add the shredded chicken. Stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. (I found I used less salt since the bacon was quite salty enough.)
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon over the top.
- Garnish with sliced green onions (scallions).
- Traditional powdered ranch dressing packets are loaded with MSG, therefore, I make my own and always have it on hand. If you prefer, you may substitute 1 seasoning packet.
- I used a block of Colby Jack cheese and hand grated it, I find block cheese to be more flavorful than the pre-shredded variety. If you prefer, you may substitute in 1 bag of shredded cheese.
- If you prefer not to cook with bacon fat, drain pan fully and then wipe clean with paper towels and then add 1 tablespoon or your preferred cooking oil.
- Category: Dinner, entree, main meal
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 oz
- Calories: 635
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 656 mg
- Fat: 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 22.4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 28.8 g
- Cholesterol: 196 mg
Keywords: one pot pasta recipes, skillet pasta, homemade hamburger helper
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on