This Chicken Burrito Skillet combines chicken, pasta, black beans, and salsa together with classic Mexican spices to make a quick and easy meal that takes just 20 minutes to prepare.
Who says weeknight dinners have to be bland or boring? This 20 minute, 10-ingredient, Chicken Burrito Skillet is nothing short of a flavor explosion. I’m not kidding. It’s seriously tasty.
This recipe for One-Pan Chicken Burrito Skillet is one of my favorites. It’s packed with flavor and incredibly easy to make. It combines chicken, pasta, black beans, and salsa with classic Mexican spices.
It’s so delicious and the best part is, everything cooks in just one pan, even the pasta. This one-pot meal was a huge hit with my family and takes just 20 minutes to make which is quicker than you can drive to the local cantina.
Recipe variations: Mix in some frozen corn in the last 5 minutes of cooking or substitute ground beef or ground turkey for chicken.
For a lighter version, omit the cheese and sour cream.
Pin it to your FOOD AND BEVERAGE OR RECIPE board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
Chicken Burrito Skillet
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts boneless, skinless, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup onion , diced
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning gluten-free
- 15 oz Black Beans drained, rinsed
- 2 cups Salsa regular, mild or hot
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups Pasta Penne, uncooked
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- Cilantro chopped , optional garnish
- Avocado peeled, pitted and diced, optional garnish
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- sour cream for garnish make sure to verify a gluten-free brand
- Black olives for garnish make sure to verify a gluten-free brand
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and taco seasoning; cook 2 minutes more. Stir in black beans, salsa and water. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese. To serve, sprinkle top with remaining cheese, cilantro, avocado, and sour cream, if desired.