This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
This Chicken Burrito Skillet combines chicken, pasta, black beans, and salsa together with classic Mexican spices to make a quick and easy meal that takes just 20 minutes to prepare.
Do you want to try a new pasta recipe but need ways to keep it healthy? I have just the thing to make that happen. Trade out your regular pasta for Barilla Gluten Free and make a meal your whole family will enjoy. Who says gluten free meals have to be bland or boring? This 20 minute, 10-ingredient, Chicken Burrito Skillet is nothing short of a flavor explosion. I’m not kidding. It’s seriously tasty. Even if you’re not currently on a gluten free diet, this pasta will amaze you with its flavor and texture. It’s made of a blend of corn and rice and fits naturally into the recipe we are featuring today for a healthful and delicious Chicken Burrito Skillet.
Unlike other gluten free pasta brands, Barilla has a great flavor and a texture like semolina pasta. It’s certified gluten free and is produced in a dedicated gluten-free facility so there are no worries of cross-contamination here, folks. What’s important to me though is that it’s made with non-GMO ingredients. Barilla’s dedication to quality is a brand I feel good about feeding my family. I first found Barilla gluten Free pasta when I was shopping at BJ’s wholesale and picked up a 4-pack to give it a try for some of our pasta skillet dinners, like this Chicken Burrito Skillet. Visit BJ’s Wholesale Clubs on December 22nd and 23rd to see an in store Barilla Gluten Free pasta demo at select clubs. You’ll have a chance to taste just how good this product is for yourself.
This recipe for One-Pan Chicken Burrito Skillet is one of my favorites. It’s packed with flavor and incredibly easy to make. It combines chicken, pasta, black beans, and salsa with classic Mexican spices. It’s so delicious and the best part is, everything cooks in just one pan, even the pasta. This one-pot meal was a huge hit with my family and takes just 20 minutes to make which is quicker than you can drive to the local cantina. ;)
Recipe variations: Mix in some frozen corn in the last 5 minutes of cooking or substitute ground beef or ground turkey for chicken. For a lighter version, omit the cheese and sour cream.
LOOKING FOR MORE GLUTEN FREE RECIPES?
Want To Try This Pasta Recipe?
Pin it to your FOOD AND BEVERAGE OR RECIPE board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
This Chicken Burrito Skillet combines chicken, pasta, black beans, and salsa together with classic Mexican spices and takes just 20 minutes to prepare.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup sweet onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 oz ) Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups Organic Salsa, regular, mild or hot
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups (12 oz), Barilla Gluten-Free Penne Pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese blend plus extra for garnish
- Chopped cilantro, optional garnish
- Fresh Avocado, peeled, pitted and diced, optional garnish
- fresh lime, optional garnish
- sour cream for garnish (make sure to verify a gluten-free brand)
- Black olives for garnish (make sure to verify a gluten-free brand)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and taco seasoning; cook 2 minutes more. Stir in black beans, salsa and water. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese. To serve, sprinkle top with remaining cheese, cilantro, avocado, and sour cream, if desired.
Recipe variations: Try sautéing diced bell peppers or jalapeños along with onions. Mix in frozen corn in the last 5 minutes of cooking. Substitute ground beef or ground turkey for chicken. Skip the cheese for a lighter version.
Keywords: gluten-free, chicken, burrito, skillet, mexican