Instead of the traditional spicy Jalapeno, we paired ours with a small sweet pepper. We made several different varieties and all of them were good. Pictured above we have some poppers wrapped in bacon, but good too were the plain broiled peppers; warm and soft with plenty of gooey cheese inside. These were even good just with raw sweet peppers with the contrast of the fresh vegetable crunch with the soft cheese spread inside. Yum! Enjoy! Ronda.
- About a dozen sweet peppers
- 1- 8oz. package of Pimento Cheese Spread or a homemade variety which is what I used
- 1 package of hickory smoked bacon
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Line a sheet pan with foil or a silpat baking sheet.
- Carefully slice each sweet pepper down the middle making a pocket of sorts and gently remove the seeds.
- Cut the raw bacon strips in half using either a knife or kitchen scissors.
- Using a sandwich bag with the corner snipped off, fill it full of Pimento cheese and then pipe the peppers full of pimento cheese.
- Wrap one small piece of bacon around each cheese-filled pepper placing the bacon seam on the bottom of the pan to keep it in place. Ensure, however, that the slice you made in the pepper is facing up or the cheese will ooze out during the baking process.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the oven. Cooking times may vary so keep an eye on these. Enjoy!