This post was created in partnership with Ninja Coffee Bar® System. I received complimentary products and compensation to facilitate my review, but all opinions within are my own.
A seasonal holiday favorite of mine is a creamy, steamy Eggnog Latte prepared with espresso, topped with whipped cream and a fine dusting of freshly grated nutmeg. Above all others, this is my favorite holiday beverage. So you will not be surprised to know that one early morning a couple of weeks ago, I found myself pining over the new Ninja Coffee Bar® System as I was watching the infomercial on TV. Since we’re friends, I’ll tell you I’ve watched it more than once dreaming of all the different brews and blends I could create with this fully-loaded system – if only I could convince my husband I needed one. Pronto.
It was early, my husband and daughter were still fast asleep, and I found myself snuggled up on the couch dreaming of a fresh, hot cup of Eggnog Latte – and being able to prepare it at home. We don’t have a coffee house in town, so it’s quite a drive to get one of these fancy cups of coffee – not to mention the expense. My husband winces every time he sees the price board at the local coffee bar & cafe. However, after a quick calculation of the price of coffee house coffee (per cup) and the cost of the machine, I saw that this machine would pay for itself in as little as one month (or 30 large (venti) cups of fancy latte-style coffee). That number is staggering. I can make the same coffee in my home for a fraction of the price of going out.
So when the generous folks at Ninja contacted me to do a review of the new Ninja Coffee Bar® System AND agreed to allow me to give away an identical Ninja Coffee Bar® System to one lucky reader, I was all in! I really couldn’t be more excited about this product and I am thrilled to be able to share that with you. Let me tell you about a few of the features:
- Includes a built-in milk frother – detachable for easy cleaning
- Six brew sizes from a single-serving to a full carafe and every size in-between
- No coffee “pods” = environmentally responsible (grounds are compostable)
- Five brew types – including the Ninja-exclusive Cafe Forte brew, Specialty Brew, and Ice Brew – a style for all palettes
- Removable permanent coffee filter – similar to French Press style brewing. It’s also paper (#4 cone style) filter compatible
- Large water reservoir for multiple individual brews or one full carafe brew- that’s 55.4 oz (almost a half gallon) reservoir
- Automatic shut-off (after 2 hours)
- Delayed brew timer – set up your coffee to brew at a later time
- No-drip switch – get a cup before the pot is fully brewed
- Ninja IQ heating element – keeps coffee hot without burning
- Built-in plug (cord) storage
- Integrated Auto Clean Cycle – clean your machine with the push of a button (one of the best features, in my opinion)
The only cons I found were small and admittedly nitpicky:
- Automatic 2-hour shutoff only turns off coffee Ninja IQ warmer, not the entire brew system
- The system stays in standby mode until you manually shut it off – I worry about the longevity of the internal heating element
- Filtered water or tap water preferred – well water not recommended
Eggnog Latte & Ninja Coffee Bar® System Giveaway!
Yield 2 servings
A seasonal holiday favorite of mine is a creamy, steamy Eggnog Latte prepared with espresso, topped with whipped cream and a fine dusting of freshly grated nutmeg. Now you can make them at home for a fraction of the cost of the local coffee house.
- 2 big scoops (4 tbsp) of finely ground coffee or espresso
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of eggnog
- sweetener, if desired, to taste
- freshly ground nutmeg, if desired, for garnish
- After filling the water reservoir, be sure the drip stop is open.
- Place the coffee cup you want to brew into underneath the brew basket either on the base or drop the down arm.
- Add 2 big scoops (4 tbsp) of coffee or espresso into the reusable coffee filter basket. Close the basket securely.
- Select the Specialty Brew function. The Specialty Brew creates 4 ounces of a super rich coffee concentrate you can use to create a variety of indulgent hot and cold, layered or frozen blended coffeehouse-style drinks
- While that brews, heat together 1/4 cup of milk and 1/4 cup of eggnog for about 45 to 60 seconds in the microwave.
- Move the frother into the ready position by swinging the arm toward the front of the machine.
- Hold the cup under the frother and submerge the whisk jus below the surface of the milk. This allows air to fold into the milk creating the froth. After 30 to 45 seconds, the milk will almost double in size.
- Top the freshly brewed hot coffee with the frothed eggnog to your desired blend
- Sweeten to taste, if necessary.
- Top with whipped cream and grated nutmeg, if desired.
For tips on how to be a #NinjaBarista, recipe inspirations, or to purchase the Ninja Coffee Bar® System, visit ninjacoffeebar.com
Official Contest Notes:
- Contest entrants are only eligible to win once per sweepstake, per household as a part of a campaign sponsored by Influence Central and must reside in the United States.
- Contest ends Sunday, December 18, 2016, at 12:00am Eastern Standard Time.
- Ninja Coffee Bar® System giveaway item is the same product as the review product