This Asian inspired one skillet meal is a go to meal for my family, even the youngest enjoys the flavors.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup rice, white or brown
- 3 cups water or beef stock
- 1/2 tablespoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Sesame Seeds
- 3 green onions, chopped
- In a large skillet, add the ground beef and sesame oil and saute over medium high heat.
- Peel and finely dice the onion, and add it to the meat, stirring it occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cabbage shreds. Cut the head of cabbage in half from the top, through the core, then cut each half again, so you have 4 pieces approximately equal in size. Carefully slice away the core, by angling the knife into the cabbage just above the core forming a “V” and slicing down toward the cutting board. Discard the core. Then, roughly shred or chop the cabbage.
- Once the meat is browned, stir in the salt, pepper to taste and add the rice and beef stock or water.
- Cook the rice about 15 minutes before adding the cabbage. Continue cooking until the cabbage is tender, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the rice is tender, add the soy sauce and powdered ginger. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your likings. Garnish with a drizzle of sesame oil, some sesame seeds and a sprinkling of green onions for an Asian Inspired Skillet Dinner.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg