Summer entertaining just got easier! Summer grilling just got easier! Slow cook Brats in your crockpot and then just pop them on the grill to finish them off. This recipe is easily doubled or even tripled in a 6-qt crock pot.
As if making brats wasn’t already easy enough, now it’s even easier thanks to your Crock Pot! *Mic drop*
Why spend time standing over the hot grill when you could be watching every vital play of the big game. With these Crock Pot Beer Brats, you can easily feed a crowd with minimal effort. Toss them on the grill during a commercial break for a quick browning on each side and still be back in time for the next play. Score!
These Crock Pot Beer Brats take just a couple of hours on high So I just pop them in after breakfast, and I’m ready to get grilling for kickoff. Best thing is this recipe is easily doubled or tripled depending on your crowd. I add sauerkraut to mine but if you’re not a fan, simply omit it. No harm no foul.
You can also opt to grill them off and then pop them back into that beer bath to keep them piping hot for the crowd. I like that people can serve themselves this way and I spend less time hosting the game and more time watching it!
So easy, right?
Give Crock Pot Beer Brats a try!
Crock Pot Beer Brats for a Crowd with (or without) Sauerkraut
- 5 brats (I used fresh brats – 5 in a package) [See Notes 1, 2]
- 3 bottles beer (I used German Warsteiner Premium Pilsener) [See Note 3, 4]
- 1 large sweet onion , sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves , peeled and minced
- 1 bag sauerkraut , drained [See Note 5]
- 1 teaspoon salt , more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon course black pepper , more or less to taste
- 1 package split top brat buns
- Ketchup , spicy brown mustard
- German mustard
- Layer the drained sauerkraut on the bottom of the crock pot. Then add the sliced onion. Place the brats on top. Add the two bottles of beer, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 hours on HIGH heat, then reduce heat to low to keep warm. Remove brats from slow cooker. Grill brats for 2-3 minutes per side and either serve immediately or place back in slow cooker to keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve brats on a bun with optional garnishes.