This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
Bring the flavors of the pizzeria home with these easy to make Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Drumsticks! Together with the homemade blue cheese dressing, my family thinks these are the bomb.
Today, I’m bringing the flavors of the pizzeria home with these easy to make Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Drumsticks. Being budget conscious, doesn’t mean sad and flavorless! Together with this homemade blue cheese dressing (from Domestic SuperHero), my family thinks this budget-friendly dinner is the “Bomb-Diggity” – to quote my daughter. lol
I first had Parmesan Garlic Chicken at a local pizzeria where they were sold as self-reportedly their “most popular” wing flavor – there’s no denying these wings are delicious. Then my friend and I got the idea to recreate those flavors at home using pretty common pantry ingredients. These Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Drumsticks are so tasty – my mouth is watering just thinking about them. I may need to make them again tonight!
Fast forward a decade later and now I’m serving this delicious meal to my family who loves them, too. But let’s face it, chicken wings are not the most affordable option on the market. In my grocery store, they are upwards of $4.50 (or more) per pound meanwhile chicken drumsticks and thighs most often cost under $2 per pound for a much higher meat to bone ratio as compared to wings making them the perfect budget-friendly meal.
LOOKING FOR MORE CHICKEN RECIPES?
- Baked Garlic-Paprika Chicken
- Perfectly Roasted Split Chicken Breasts
- 30-Minute Chicken Vindaloo (can be sauced mild to spicy)
- Air Fryer Garlic-Parmesan Chicken Tenders
Want to try this Garlic-Parmesan Chicken Recipe?
Pin it to your CHICKEN, DINNER, FOOD or RECIPE board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
Bring the flavors of the pizzeria home with these easy to make Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Drumsticks! Together with the homemade blue cheese dressing, my family thinks these are the bomb!
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks (about 8)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning blend [See Note 1]
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a small bowl prepare the chicken rub by mixing together the Italian seasoning blend, rosemary, parsley, and salt.
- Lay the chicken drumsticks on a baking sheet or casserole pan and season the chicken wings with this mixture.
- Bake the chicken wings for 35-40 minutes or until the internal temperature is 185 degree F. If checking the drumsticks with a thermometer is not possible, slice the drumstick open and check to see that the meat is cooked and the juices run clear.
- Meanwhile prepare the garlic-parmesan sauce by lightly sauteeing the minced garlic in the olive oil; about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool before adding the fresh basil, seasoning salt, and Parmesan cheese. [See Note 2]
- When the chicken is cooked through, toss the wings with the garlic, basil, cheese, and olive oil sauce.
- Serve with the blue cheese dressing and an additional dusting of Parmesan cheese.
- Italian seasoning blend is sold with the herbs and spices on the spice aisle. It is not the same as Italian salad dressing mix sold on the salad dressings and condiments aisle.
- Lightly cooking the garlic in the olive oil removes the bitterness and spiciness of the raw garlic. If you prefer, you may leave it raw.
Keywords: Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Drumsticks, homemade, easy, kid friendly, chicken recipes, Italian,
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: